Each of your circumstances for gaining English credit through Independent Study is unique. You will be receiving an email separate from this blog post that will outline what exactly is in your individualized plan. For now, EVERYBODY's first assignment is to submit and permission slip to Project SOAR's Citywide Poetry Anthology. According to the organization's publicity packet, the benefits of being published in the anthology are that:
- the opportunity does not happen to everyone
- you may list your participation on college applications
- you are forever recognized as an author
What do you have to do?
- submit a signed parental consent form (even if you're 18)
- write a poem related to the theme of "I Am the Future"
- type your poem and give it to me by Friday at the beginning of lunch
I will be available during Thursday's advisory to help you craft your poem. You will then email me a typed draft that night or bring a flash drive in with your work on Friday morning. We will do last-minute edits during Friday's advisory. I will then bring all poems and permission slips to the SOAR office downstairs.
A strategy for starting this assignment: write 1/2 page paragraph about the "I Am the Future" theme. I will then help you "line break" it so that it looks like a poem.
I look forward to reading your drafts.
G'night,
Ms. Paraiso
No comments:
Post a Comment